Mary and Alain Pompilus had a traditional wedding that was full of elegant touches. The bride showed off her feminine curves in a form fitting LaSposa gown, and the groom looked dapper in a dark grey suit. Their outdoor ceremony was full of greenery and natural beauty, but the most memorable moment was when the couple and their guests were moved to tears as Mary walked down the aisle to India Arie's "I Am Ready To Love." After the touching ceremony, guests headed to a nearby tent where they partied to kompa music in honor of Alain's Haitian heritage. Janelle C. Photography photographed this sophisticated wedding.
- Wedding Date: 07/27/2013
- Wedding Location: Oconomowoc, WI (just outside of Milwaukee, WI)
- Wedding Theme: Traditional Elegance
- Wedding Flowers: Mix of Succulents, Coral Calla’s, Football Mum, Rose and a touch of seeded Euc; loose nosegay style.
- First Dance Song: Anthony Hamilton "Best of Me"
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Classic Vanilla
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Chocolate Fountain with fruit
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Personalize goodie bag with lotions by the bride (firstlovecollection.com), a collection of colorful eyeliners, an oversized candle, pedicure set, personalized robes, Morocacn Oil Shampoo/Conditioner, and more.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Kenneth Cole Watches
I wore a mermaid dress by LaSposa.
Incorporation of Culture
My husband is Haitian so we had lots of kompa music!
Most Memorable Moment
Both my husband and I tearing up when we saw each other as I walked down the isle to India Arie's "I am Ready for Love."
Make sure you have adequate time to plan and create small deadlines/milestones along the way so you never feel overwhelmed. Trust and delegate!
- Wedding Planner: Amanda Felsman, Tailored Engagements
- Photography: Janelle C. Photography
- Invitations/Stationery: I handmade these using Microsoft Publisher :)
- Ceremony and Reception Location: Olympia Resort & Spa Outdoor Gazebo
- Wedding Dress: Libano by La Sposa
- Bridesmaids Dresses: After Six/Dessy
- Grooms Suit: Jos A. Bank
- Groomsmen Suits: Jos A. Bank
- Hair: My lovely Maid of Honor
- Make-up: Niela Fields-Kyle, MakeUpByNiela
- Shoes: Nina purchased at Boston Store for $20.00!!!
- Videography: The Pros
- Florist: Jaimer's Floral
- Wedding Cake: Amber Martin, Seasons Baked Goods
- Lighting and DJ: Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment