Many of us can remember our teenage crushes, but not too many people can say that they ended up marrying their middle school heartthrob. Courtney and Andrea have known each other for 20 years! They met in 1994 as two young, 12 year old students in Dayton, Ohio. Andrea was completely smitten with Courtney during their 8th grade year. However, the couple completed middle school and high school together without Courtney knowing! Andrea did not reveal her feelings to Courtney until after they reconnected in 2008 as adults.
After years of courtship and a surprise proposal on Valentine’s Day, Andrea and Courtney happily started wedding planning. Andrea describes their wedding as, “Soft, flowing and romantic!” Burlap and lace décor gave their wedding an elegant yet rustic feel, and a soft ivory, blush and tan color scheme created a dreamy ambiance. The couple made sure their wedding was full of personal touches. Photos of family members who had passed on were displayed in tribute during their ceremony, and the couple made homemade jelly as favors for all 200 guests to honor Andrea's grandmother. Lauren Tomasella Photography captured all of the beautiful details and sentimental moments; make sure to visit the gallery to see them all.
- Wedding Date: 10/26/2013
- Wedding Location: Valley Hill Country Club Huntsville, Alabama
- Wedding Theme: Simple Elegant Romance
- Wedding flowers: Roses, Hydrangeas, Ranunculus, and Queen Ann Lace
- Wedding cake flavor: White Almond, Chocolate, Strawberry, Lemon with Raspberry Filling.
- Favorite item on Wedding Menu: Marinated chicken breast with bourbon and brown sugar drizzled with pecan sauce.
- First dance song: Etta James, "At Last"
- Bridesmaid’s gifts: Pearl necklace, earrings, and pink clutches to carry.
- Groomsmen’s gifts: COACH shoe kits and pink socks to wear.
Courtney and Andrea don't celebrate Valentine's in a huge way. The Valentine's Day tradition was to order a heart shaped pizza for dinner, exchange cards, and movies on the couch. A couple day's prior Courtney asked Andrea if they could go to lunch and wanted to know if Andrea would go to lunch on Valentine's Day. Andrea obliged. Courtney told Andrea to pick a restaurant. She picked Newk's the couples favorite lunch spot. Andrea almost canceled lunch due to a hectic work day. Courtney pleaded for her to come. Arriving at the restaurant flustered, Andrea didn't realize how different Courtney was acting. He insisted that he give his card early and she read it. Confused, she read it and on the last page were the words WILL YOU MARRY ME? Of course she said yes! Pictures can be seen here http://www.
Soft, flowing, and romantic. My favorite accessory is my wedding ring, as it is a constant reminder of the vows that we took that day.
Most Memorable Moment
Starting the dance portion of our reception with our entire bridal party and parents.
Step 1. HIRE A PLANNER Step 2. GUEST LIST management then be able to go with the flow of the day. It will go by so fast! Make a list of MUST have's that you have to accomplish that day. This will ensure that looking back you don't regret a moment that you wanted to happen.
View more images in the gallery!
- Wedding Dress- Casablanca purchased from Town & Country Bridal Madison, AL
- Bridesmaids Dresses- David's Bridal
- Bride's Hair-Latasha Harrington Hair by Latasha
- Bridesmaids Hair- Jacqueline Guise
- Bride's and Mother of the Bride's Make-up- Sylvia Smith- Pro Make-up Studio
- Bridesmaid's Make-up- Colleen Gagnon
- Ceremony & Reception Venue- Valley Hill Country Club- Ron Suermann
- Photographer- Lauren Tomasella- Lauren Tomasella Photography
- Videography- AVO- Keith Matthews
- Florist- Decreations Florist - Lisa Akins
- Cake- Chandra's Piece of Cake- Chandra Holland-
- Invitations- U'meeka Smith
- Event Designer- Bride- Andrea Fields- Details Events and Designs, LLC. Detailseventsanddesigns.com
- Transportation- Apollo Limo
- DJ & Lighting- Steve Metz- Metropolitan DJ
- Vionlist- Winslow Davis
- Day of Coordinator- Shannon Broughton
- Stationery- Allen Meeks
- Photo Booth- Fun Face Photo