Have you heard the saying "we were destined to be together"? Destination as defined, is the purpose for which something is destined or the place to which a person or thing travels. Many of us are happy to meet the person we're destined to fall in love with and marry. When we marry that person in a gorgeous destination wedding, it's as if we've gotten an extra blessing with an included honeymoon!
Destination weddings don't always have to be on a warm tropical island. They're often the home town where either the bride or groom grew up, allowing family to reconnect. Destination weddings have several benefits.
My top five are:
- Destination weddings are an easy way to have a wedding and a honeymoon combined.
- If you're having trouble with narrowing down your guest list, a destination wedding is a way to keep the guest count small and intimate. While at your wedding, you can savor the time spent with each of your guests and thank them for coming to your chosen destination.
- Destination weddings can also be more cost effective. With a smaller guest list, it's less money to worry about food, seating, decor, and most of your overall wedding budget.
- Destination weddings have been known to be mini family reunions. With many families spread out today, many couples are planning destination wedding over an extended weekend, incorporation festivities, and including some family bonding.
- Whether you've chosen to get married in a tropical setting or in your childhood city, getting married in another destination provides amazing and often sentimental photo backdrops! You'll be able to look back on your wedding day and connect it with a favorite vacation spot, the spot where you met, or the place where you grew up.
If you're planning a destination wedding, we've gathered some of our favorite destination weddings, previously featured, to provide inspiration. Enjoy!