What’s a guy to do when he sees a beautiful woman walk into a college dining hall? He asks her to join him, of course. This was in 2005 and the beginning for Courtney and Reginald. After she joined him, they ended up having a great conversation. Afterwards, Reginald proceeded to ask a lot of people where he could find her again. Sure enough, he did!
Courtney and Reginald quickly became best friends and that friendship grew into an undeniable attraction. Shortly thereafter, they were inseparable as a couple. Although they believed that it was a case of opposites attract, they later learned that they had more in common than they realized. Nine years later, they’re still the best of friends!
- Wedding Date: 5.25.14
- Wedding Location: Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, Dallas, Texas
- Wedding Flowers: The wedding day flowers were a combination of pink and purple orchids, roses, calla lilies, peonies, and ivory blooms.
- Wedding Theme: Bling, Sparkle, and Glam
- Favorite Accessory: Courtney’s favorite accessories were the Tiffany & Co. keyhole bracelet, given to the by her groom, along with the diamond and pearl drop earrings that were given to her by her grandmother.
- First Dance Song: As the couple danced for the first time as husband and wife, “All of Me” by John Legend played.
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Each tier of the wedding cake had a separate flavor. The flavors were 7 layer-cake, red velvet, white with blueberry filling, lemon, and chocolate.
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Courtney says that her favorite item on the menu was the chicken and sausage gumbo with boudin balls.
- Bridesmaids Gifts: The bridesmaids received a monogram tote, which included Bride’s 20 Favorite Things.
- Groomsmen Gifts: The groomsmen received monogrammed valet cases, i-Tunes gift cards, a cologne set, socks, and liquor.
Christmas brings out the joy, happiness, and child in all of us. On December 17th, 2012, Reginald made Christmas a little more special. On December 17th, they decided to celebrate Christmas with a lovely evening at home because Reginald was being signed to another team had to leave before just before the holidays.
As the two of them shared gifts, Reginald hid the ring inside of several bigger boxes. When Courtney got to the smallest box, he was on one knee, asking for her hand in marriage. They chose to have an elegant wedding in Dallas, Texas.
Courtney wore a beautiful ivory, mermaid style Maggie Sottero gown with a 3-layer ribbon hem and long train along with a matching ribbon hemmed veil.
Incorporation of Culture
Both Courtney and Reginald both belong to a historically African-American sorority and fraternity, respectively. During the reception, both groups performed a tribute to them for being members of the groups.
Most Memorable Moment
The most memorable moment for Courtney was their first dance. What’s more special than tuning the world out and dancing like nobody’s watching?
Help A Bride-To-Be Out
Courtney says “give yourself plenty of time to plan the wedding of your dreams so you can budget and get everything you really want! Our wedding planner made our planning process a stress-free year so, if you can budget for a planner, do so! It’ll save your sanity and prevent you from being a bridezilla! Also, remember at the end of it all, you’ll be married to the man of your dreams and that’s all that matters”.
- Photography : Still Life Media
- Ceremony Venue: Lovers Lane United Methodist Church
- Reception: The Room on Main
- Catering: CN Catering
- Videographer: Inspired Effects
- Florist: Stems of Dallas
- Stationery: The Bee’s Knees Custom Design
- Baker: Sugar Bee Sweets
- DJ: DJ Gumbo
- Soloist: Ericah Brice Miller
- Lounge Furniture: DFW Lounge Rentals
- Specialty Linen: Xquisite Event Rentals
- Transportation: G&G Limousine
- MakeUp: Jamie Dionne
- Dress: Maggie Sottero
- Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal
- Hair: Styled by Jay