Tiffany and Brazella both hail from the popular city in Louisiana, New Orleans, and wanted to embody the culture of their city into their wedding. The bride made a grand entrance to the wedding ceremony arriving in a horse and buggy, then joined her husband as they said their I do's in front of their family and friends. She looked stunning in her dress by Mori Lee and blinged out Jimmy Choo shoes, she wowed the guests when she stepped from the carriage. Then in true New Orleans fashion they had a jazz procession as the carriage carried them away, which was decorated with the same beautiful purple and white flowers that surrounded their wedding. During the reception the New Orleans saying, "Laissez les bons temps rouler," or let the good times roll reigned true, the newlyweds and their guests took over the dance and enjoyed the party. Their photographers, Studio Tran, captured the festive atmosphere and love they have for each other and their families. We wish them all the success in their marriage, Who Dat!
- Wedding Date: 01/19/2014
- Wedding Location: Southern Oaks Plantation in New Orleans, La
- Wedding Theme: New Orleans Romance
- Wedding Flowers: Hydrangea, Picasso calla lilies, Roses, Lisianthus, and carnations.
- First Dance Song: “So Amazing” by Beyonce and Luther Vandross
- Wedding Cake Flavors: We had a hard time choosing one flavor for the cake, so we decided to make each tier a different flavor. First Tier- Almond cake with cream cheese filling, Second Tier-Almond cake with cream cheese and fresh strawberry filling, Third Tier-Red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, Fourth Tier-Almond cake with almond butter cream and fresh strawberry filling.
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Out of the eighty DELICIOUS items on the menu, that were passed continuously throughout the evening, the praline glazed chicken, was my absolute favorite!
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Personalized tote bag, a personalized shot glass, jewelry for wedding, and a mini candle.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Personalized mug and a lighter which had their initials and favorite football team engraved on it.
My wedding dress was a strapless Julietta by Mori Lee dress that had a beaded belt.The bottom of the dress was ruffled organza. I loved it because it was very lightweight. My absolute favorite wedding accessory would have to be my shoes. I actually bought a pair of Jimmy Choo’s, but after taking pictures in the hotel lobby, I realized that, there is no way; I can enjoy my day to the fullest, without my flats. I put on my customized Chuck Taylor’s from Converse, before the ceremony, and the rest was history.
Incorporation of Culture
My husband was born and raised in New Orleans and I went to college in New Orleans, so we felt that it would only be right, to incorporate certain things pertaining to the culture of the city, in our wedding/reception. Southern Oaks Plantation made this very easy for us. Their menu items definitely reflect the culture of the city. In addition to the food, a jazz band performed immediately after the ceremony. We sent our guests home with praline candy favors and handkerchiefs which were used during the “second-line” at the end of the reception.
Most Memorable Moment
The surprised look on everyone's face when I entered in the horse and carriage. I could hear the ohs and ahs.
Do not lose sight of the actual reason for the day. Wedding planning causes a lot of stress and it can strain your relationship with your fiance if you are not careful. In order to avoid this, set a day of the week, when the two of you are available each week, to do something special with one another. Do not discuss any wedding plans during this time!
- Wedding Dress: Bella-Deur Bridal
- Dress Designer: Mori Lee
- Bridesmaid dress: Bella-Deur Bridal
- Dress Designer: Bill Levkoff
- Veil: Mia Bridal
- Headband: Elegance by Kate
- Hair: Designs by Jay
- Makeup: The Makeup Lab
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo and Converse
- Ceremony Location: Southern Oaks Plantation
- Reception Location: Southern Oaks Plantation
- Photographer: Studio Tran
- Limousine Service: Nicoll’s Limousineand Shuttle Service
- Flowers: Studio 82 Events
- Stationery: Elegant Custom Invitations
- Cake: Frosted Fantasies