Kristen and Marcus said they wanted their wedding to be reminiscent of a vintage love song; Billie Holiday's "I'll Be Seeing You" comes to mind when looking at their heartwarming photos. The nuptials took place at First United Methodist Church, as she walked down the aisle smiling next to her father, her groom looked so overcome, almost to the point of tears. At the reception, guests were treated to a tasty sweets bar and a surprise dance from her father. The bribe and groom looked radiant on the dance floor. Their photographer K. Bryant captured the love the couple shared with their family and friends.
- Wedding Date: 06/01/2013
- Wedding Location: First United Methodist Church, Birmingham, Alabama
- Wedding Theme: Vintage Love Song
- Wedding Flowers: Ivory roses, peonies, calla lilies, hydrangeas
- Wedding Colors: Pinks, coral, ivory, green
- First dance song: “Couple of Forever’s” by Chrisette Michelle
- Wedding cake flavor: Bride’s Cake: Strawberry with Cream Cheese Icing; Groom’s Cake: Red Velvet
- Wedding Menu Favorite: The chicken, steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus…ALL OF IT! But definitely the meats! The candy bar was a sweet addition as well.
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Monogrammed Button-Down Shirts, initialed make-up bags, earrings, bracelet, Yellow Box flip flops
- Groomsmen Gifts: Monogrammed Golf Shirts, monogrammed cuff-links
Fit and flare charmeuse sweetheart neckline, strapless, beaded lace gown. Favorite Wedding Accessory was my pearl beaded hairpiece with matching jewelry and cathedral length veil.
African American, Christian
It is so hard to pick just one because everything was magical. Of course seeing Marcus as I walked down the aisle was breath-taking but my daddy made my day when he did a “performance” for the father-daughter dance…completely a surprise…my reserved, modest daddy doesn’t dance…I was shocked to tears!
Stay focused on your vision and dream for your big day, let nothing and no one minimize your expectations (you can do this WITHOUT being a BRIDEZILLA). Be creative yet reasonable and remember that your wedding day is closer than it appears—stay calm and know that it will all work out. Enjoy the day it goes by so quickly, but the memories last a lifetime!
- Photography - K. Bryant
- Makeup Artist - Jamie Boggs of TrendiConfessions
- Rehearsal Dinner, Reception and Host hotel - The Westin Birmingham
- Cinematography - Hampton Roads
- String Musicians - Unknown Lyric
- Catering (Cakes) - Evelyn Criswell
- Programs, Invitations, Thank You Cards - Frost Printing Company
- Wedding - United Methodist Church