In New York City you never know when the love of your may fall into your lap, or in Hassan’s case, be called to interview for your job. Although Jamie was not hired to take his place while he went on vacation, they exchanged numbers for networking purposes. The next year Hassan set her up with a new client and made it a point to call her every day, checking that everything was running smoothly. Eventually he asked her out on a date; they went to the Delicatessen, which would ultimately serve as the theme for their wedding. A few years, and baby girl later, they walked down the aisle in a beautiful and elegant ceremony. The couple wanted their event to be a family affair; to them having a close-knit family is important, they wanted everyone to play a major part in the wedding. The bride designed the wedding herself and was assisted by A Monique Affair, their photographer, Chrissy Lynn LOVE, captured the family and friends having fabulous time while celebrating the couples union.
- Wedding Date: 11/02/2013
- Wedding Location: Skyline Community Church, Oakland, CA
- Wedding Theme: Formal Black Tie
- Wedding Flowers: White roses, hydrangeas, tulips, spider mums, lilies, orchids
- First Dance Song: “Someone” by Musiq Soulchild
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Red velvet , yellow cake with fresh strawberries and butter icing and 200 assorted cupcakes below the wedding cake
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Mushroom ravioli with spinach cream sauce
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Personalized make up bags & jewelry
- Groomsmen Gifts: Shaving bags with personalized cigar case and cigar and beaded bracelet Hassan made for them
Vera Wang cream fit and flare with sweetheart neckline. My favorite wedding accessory was the locket my bridesmaid gave me with a picture of my deceased parents inside.
Incorporation of Culture
We incorporated the Bishop whom ordained my dad, and included our family in every aspect of the planning and wedding. Having a close nit family is very big in our culture.
Most Memorable Moment
Seeing Hassan and the bridal party for the first time during the First look photos.
Take the time to research what you want. You do not have to break the bank to have the perfect wedding.
- Day of Wedding Coordinator: A Monique Affair
- Wedding Dress: Vera Wang for David’s Bridal, alterations by Madame Paulette (NYC)
- Bridesmaid dress: David’s Bridal
- Makeup: Latifah Abdur (NYC)
- Shoes: ABS by Allen Schwartz
- Reception Location: The Terrace Room (Oakland CA)
- Photographer: Chrissy Lynn LOVE
- Videographer: Akello Stone
- Wedding Planner: The Bride
- Florist: Moon Flowers
- Cake: Cake Coquette