Thanksgiving season is finally over, and it's officially time to switch gears and think about Christmas and the upcoming holiday season. Though the cold clutches of winter have finally made their way in, there are some really wonderful things for you and your significant other to do during the holidays. For instance, for me, drinking mugs of hot chocolate never ever gets old. :) What's your favorite holiday indulgence?
Let's get to it!
- Take a winter ski trip. Skiing is an amazingly fun activity that also burns lots of calories and fights that winter bulge. Rather than running away from "old man winter", why not embrace it by enjoying the great cold outdoors with the one you love? You'll have a wonderful time, stay in shape, and get some laughs in at the same time.
- Head on over to a cozy cabin. Here's a perfect way to embrace the cold, while getting some warmth at the same time! There's something about being in a cabin in the wintertime. The warmth and the coziness hug you tight like a long lost friend, and cozying up next to the fireplace just feels so incredibly delicious. You'll love it! If you're looking for some time together to just talk and unplug, be sure to visit a cabin in an area that doesn't have many technological amenities. The time together will be worth it.
- Go ice skating. Though you can probably do this before the winter, ice skating is perfect in the winter. If you've never done it before, even better. You can hold hands and take turns laughing at each other as you take several stumbles.
- Be a child again! Winter has a way of really blowing my mind with the little things. I can never get over the fact that each snow flake that falls from the sky is distinctly different from the next one that falls. I am eternally fascinated by the look of freshly fallen, untouched snow, and the crunch it makes under my feet when I step on it for the first time. I love watching my breath rise slowly in the air. I adore the feeling of giddiness that comes from making snow balls and throwing them. As cold as it often gets, winter is the time to embrace your inner child. What better person is there to be a child with, than with the person you love.
- If all else fails, do like the birds do and "fly south." If winter and cold weather are really not your thing, hop on a car, bus, train, or plane and go somewhere warmer for the holidays. Wherever you go, though, never forget to have some fun - together!