Pure serenity and beauty surrounded Hakemia and Bradford Jackson during their enchanting beach nuptials in Florida. The gorgeous sand dunes and the soft lull of the ocean severed as the romantic backdrop for their ceremony. Bradford, dapper in his all white tuxedo, couldn't help but cry when he saw Hakemia looking like a vision of perfection in her unique champagne and ivory Vera Wang ball gown. For their reception, guests headed inside and were stunned by the striking red, white and gold décor. What's even more impressive is that the Hakemia planned everything herself! His Eyes Photography photographed this beautiful wedding, which was a true labor of love.
- Wedding Date: 11/03/2013
- Wedding Location: The Loews Don Cesar Resort, St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Wedding Theme: Beach Formal/Romantic walk on the beach
- Color Scheme: Red, White, Cream and Gold
- Wedding Flowers: The bride and bridesmaid bouquets and boutonnieres were silk flowers designed by Mae’s flowers. However the ceremony and reception flowers were real flowers which were red and crème roses and hydrangea flowers.
- First Dance Song: " I Gotta Be" by Jagged Edge
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Four layers: Butter crème icing. Vanilla, chocolate, and marble cake. Strawberry, pineapple, and raspberry filling.
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Mango Chicken Salad
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Personalized hand bags in each of the bridesmaid's favorite color.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Personalized khaki and black flask and shot glass gift set.
My wedding dress was a Vera Wang stone - ivory tulle gown, with three different tones champagne, ivory, and light ivory. Cinderella style dresses make you feel like a queen on your special day. My shoes were 5 color(cranberry, ocean blue, light green, brown and champaigne) studded Steve Madden 6 inch heels.
Incorporation of Culture
We chose to incorporate the century long African American tradition of jumping the broom. Since African Americans were unable to legally marry physically jumping over a broom was the way to consummate their marriage.
Most Memorable Moment
Appearing from the sand dunes on St Pete beach on a beautiful sky blue day to the love ballet of “You have my heart” by Canton Jones while walking down the aisle to look up and see my soon to be husband weeping as his bride to be approached him. This was the first time he has ever shown his vulnerability publicly. A memory I will never forget.
To allow the day to flow naturally. Nothing will go exactly as planned. Refuse the urge to control everything. This is a covenant between you, your husband, and God. So allow God to bless you on the beginning of the rest of your lives together.
- Wedding Dress: Vera Wang for David's Bridal
- Bridesmaid dress: Alfred Angelo
- Hair: Fasha Porter Salon Fasha.email@example.com
- Makeup: Aja Mua firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shoes: Steve Madden
- Cermony Location: The Loews Don Cesar Resort St. Pete Beach
- Reception Location: The Loews Don Cesar Resort King Charles Ballroom
- Photographer: His Eyes Photography
- Wedding Planner: The Bride
- Florist: La Vie en Rose
- Cake: Publix Wedding Division