Sometimes college seems like everything is one, big awkward experience, especially going to class those first few weeks. You do not know anyone and it is not as if you have assigned seats so you try to slink into the nearest chair without causing a disturbance. Luckily for Howard he was able to snag an empty seat next to Amy, neither of them had friends in the class, but they quickly warmed up to each other. They remained friends and two years later, when they were both single she let him take her out to dinner and ice cream. It took him seven years before he proposed, but he made sure the day was something she would never forget. Their summer wedding was a romantic and entertaining party, which incorporated their Chinese culture while highlighting the couples love for one another. Their photographers at Infused Studios captured the fun atmosphere that surrounded the two in pictures they'll cherish forever.
• Wedding Date: 08/17/2013
• Wedding Location: Timms Centre for Fine Arts, Edmonton, Alberta, CA
• Reception Location: Beijing Beijing Restaurant Edmonton, Alberta, CA
• Wedding Theme: Romantic and whimsical
• First Dance Song: “Better Together” - Jack Johnson
• Wedding Cake Flavors: Lemon with Raspberry Butter cream and Cookies and Cream with Chocolate Ganache
• Wedding Menu Favorite: Lobster in Cream Sauce
• Bridesmaids Gifts: Dogeared Necklaces
• Groomsmen Gifts: Hugo Boss Money Clips
The day he proposed, he disappeared in the morning for a few hours. When he got home, he apologized for not calling and said he would make it up to me by planning an evening out together. He took me to the diner we had went on our first date and then we went to the river valley where we used to take walks all the time and proposed. He wanted the proposal to be intimate, just the two of us, but I am very close with my family so he had secretly asked my parents, brothers and cousins to meet at my grandma's house that evening to surprise me. After the proposal he brought me there to break the good news to my grandma, lo and behold there were about 15 family members hiding in one bedroom to surprise congratulate us!
Strapless drop waist satin bodice with a sweetheart neckline, scattered flower appliqué, and lace overlay on the skirt with scallop edging. My favorite wedding accessory was the pearl earrings my dad had made for me as a wedding gift.
Incorporation of Culture
We played morning door games where the groom has to show his love for the bride before the bridesmaids let him see her and then we had a tea ceremony where I wore a Qipao, a traditional Chinese dress.
Most Memorable Moment
During the door games, Howie came up with a very cute song, played the keyboards and sang to me!
Remember to enjoy every minute of it, you spend months planning for this one very special day and before you know it, it is over!
• Wedding Dress: Maggie Sottero, Wedding dress salon
• Bridesmaid dress: Custom made in China
• Hair: Lydia Yapp Makeup Artist
• Makeup: Lydia Yapp Makeup Artist
• Shoes: Badgley Mischka
• Photographer: Infused Studios
• Florist: Kate Ashton Florists
• Cake: Triple L Cakes