Jinitza and Brenton Daniel's love story began on May 14, 2006- their graduation day from UNC Charlotte. As most graduations from universities go, there were several celebrations for all the graduates who had worked hard over the years to achieve their ultimate goal: walking across the stage in front of family and friends to proudly receive their diploma. Jinitza was scheduled for the afternoon ceremony and Brenton was scheduled for the morning. As fate would have it, they just so happened to show up at the same graduation party that evening, and instantly caught each other's eye. Through life’s tests, career ups and downs, and moving from city to city, they kept in touch and waited for God to bring them together again.
After reconnecting and dating for several years, Brenton decided to propose during a trip to Mexico! Jinitza shares, "We were in Mexico, celebrating the upcoming union of our friends. On our first evening there, Brenton woke me up in the middle of the night and said he wanted to talk. I was a bit annoyed, but he quickly started telling me all the things he wanted for our future and pulled the most beautiful canary yellow diamond ring out of his pocket. I was totally shocked and surprised!"
The couple decided to build the yellow and grey color scheme of their wedding around Jinitza's gorgeous yellow engagement ring. For the couple, the color yellow signifies unbridled happiness, and you can feel their joy in each photo captured by Casey Hendrickson Photography. Make sure to visit the gallery to see every moment of their vibrant nuptials.
- Wedding Date: 08/31/2014
- Wedding Location: Asbury Park Grove, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Wedding flowers: Yellow Calla-lillies & Roses
- Wedding cake flavor: Butter Cream Vanilla
- Favorite item on Wedding Menu: Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- First dance song: “Best of Me”- Anthony Hamilton
- Bridesmaid’s gifts: Personalized Wine Glasses, Kimono Robes, Reception Shoe, Bridal Jewelry.
- Groomsmen’s gifts: Customized Fraternity Cufflinks, Color-Coordinated Socks & Bowties.
Our theme was built around my canary yellow diamond engagement ring. I adore the color of yellow and the many shades that reflect the sun and happiness.
Lace, sheath ivory dress. My favorite accessory were my tear drop earrings I purchased from Icing. They were simple, but a true statement piece.
Incorporation of Culture
We played a mixture of Spanish and Reggae music. My family is from Jamaica and Puerto Rico and family is from Trinidad.
Most Memorable Moment
Dancing with my father to "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind & Fire.
Hire a wedding coordinator to help the you the month of the wedding. Also don't wait to the last minute to get help from your friends and family, so you won't be overwhelmed towards the time of your wedding date.
View more images in the gallery!
- Wedding Dress Designer- Alfred Angelo
- Wedding Dress Salon- Bridal Mart Burlington, NC
- Bridesmaid Dresses- Alfred Sung
- Bridesmaid Dress Salon- NY Bride & Groom, Charlotte, NC
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire- Jos A Banks, Charlotte, NC
- Hair/Makeup- Swinda Molina, Charlotte, NC
- Bride Shoes- Shoes to Dye For & More, Natick, MA
- Bridesmaid Shoes- ShoeDazzle
- Reception/Ceremony- Asbury Park Grove, Charlotte, NC
- Photography- Casey Hendrickson Photography
- Videography- Gifted Talents Inc. Brandon Robinson
- Wedding Coordinator- Style Perfect Events
- Florist- Pink Petunia Designs
- Stationary- Wedding Paper Divas
- Candy Display- Sweet Girls Candy Buffet
- DJ/Entertainment- DJ Dexter Dynamite
- Officiant- Rev Tod Coles, Charlotte, NC
- Invitations-Roselind Hughes, Charlotte, NC email@example.com