Pretty pink pastels, ivory tones...this inspiration shoot we're sharing with you today screams spring all over. We love the softness of it all, and the decor is feminine and romantic. Here's what the designer, Ash'Leigh Gunn of Sapphire Events, had to say...
We are very delighted to share this shoot ( dubbed "#rockthemanorshoot" ) with you all. It took place on September 17th, 2013 at Oxon Hill Manor in Oxon Hill, Maryland which is right outside of both DC and Northern Virginia.
A very talented all female group of vendors worked together on this shoot to showcase women (and a handsome groom, of course) of color. I was inspired to do such a shoot because there needs to be more a presence of beautiful women and men of color featured in wedding editorial pieces. We chose to showcase them in a very elegant, romantic, and vintage way at the historic mansion. All of our vendors were minority owned small businesses and we were ecstatic with the excellence that they exuded to help make this vision come to life.
Think vintage, romantic elegance. Soft muted colors (dusty rose and ivory to be exact) with pops of gold bursting from custom glittered covered Oreos from The Sweet Tooth Bar NYC, the Erica Kosler headpiece that adorned our beautiful "bride", lots of lace on her Jim Hjelm gown...the details scream vintage and elegance while still reflecting modern trends with the gorgeous headpiece, invisible neckline bridal gown, styled sweets bar and custom hand lettered monogram turned wooden laser cut monogram - and we cannot go without mentioning our show stopping flower girl. She totally stole the show in her tutu dress which was completely handmade and absolutely stunning. The shabby flowers on the bodice of her dress were to die for. She totally rocked her dress.
Our styled table was graced by the ever so fabulous Monique linen from LaTavola and topped with rental items that belong to Sapphire Events DC. The glasses, tableware, dishes on the sweets bar and the vintage server were found at a local estate sale. The server was originally decorated with lots of painted flowers but thanks to Paint de la mar it was transformed by Sapphire Events DC- with lots of ease! Paint de la mar is our favorite DIY trick these days...no sanding required! Glasses trimmed in gold for an opulent finish to the elegant setting. Accompanied by the styled sweets bar with several yummy desserts from a few very talented ladies!
It was an amazing day from start to finish we almost didn't want it to end!
- Photography- Kara Coleen Photography karacoleen.com
- Styling- Sapphire Events DC- www.sapphireeventsdc.com
- Make- Up- Kelley Woods Make Up- kelleywoods.com
- Flower Girl TuTu Dress & Headpiece- Tyty's Tutu Boutique- tytystutus.com
- Florist- Eight Tree Street Floral & Design- eighttreestreet.com
- Monogram design & Hand Lettering- April Rashad Design- aprilrashaddesign.com
- Wooden Monograms- Ten23Designs- ten23designs.com
- Venue- Oxon Hill Manor- http://www.pgparks.com/places/
- Bridal Dress & Headpiece- Jim Hjelm Couture from Ellies Bridal Boutique- elliesbridal.com
- Macarons- DC Patisserie- dcpatisserie.com
- Cupcakes & Madeleines- The Sweet Lobby- sweetlobby.com
- Cake- Simply Desserts- simplydesserts.net
- Glitzy Sweets: Sweet Tooth Bar www.thesweettoothbar.
- Linen- LaTavo la Fine Linen- http://linens.latavolalinen.
- Chair Rentals- Party Plus Rentals- partyplusrentals.com
Sapphire Events DC & Ten23Designs - are members of The Coterie, Munaluchi's exclusive wedding collective. Click here & here to see more of their work. To learn more about The Coterie, click here.